Chicken Fresh – An OPOLFED Initiative in Bhubaneswar, Odisha
OPOLFED – Odisha State Poultry Products Co-operative Marketing Federation Ltd., which is widely known as “OPOLFED”, is a state level apex poultry co-operative marketing organisation. OPOLFED was registered as a society on 29.03.1976 with the Registration No.1/1976 and has been declared as an apex co-operative federation on 22.03.1984. Its area of operation extends to whole of the State Odisha.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES OF OPOLFED
– Organization of Primary/Women Poultry Co-operative Societies
– Supply of inputs to poultry farmers.
– Marketing of eggs, Packet eggs, dressed chicken meat, poultry feed etc.
– Supply of poultry products to consumers at reasonable rate.
– Supply of eggs to school children in different districts of the state under MDM programme.
– Self-employment opportunity for the educated-unemployed youths.
– Implementation of Odisha Women Poultry Project (OWPP) in Khurda & Angul districts.